10 Best Beaches in Bali
People come every day to Bali for the beauty of the island. Some seek for the arts, some for the cultures, some for the parties, and some for the food. Yet, almost everyone comes to Bali for one mutual destination: beautiful beach. Whether for surfing, diving, sun-lounging, sunset-seeking, or simply swimming, Bali’s beaches are what attract people to go to Bali.
With myriads of world’s most beautiful beaches outlining the island from coast to coast, Bali is a paradise for those who love sands, sea waters and flip-flops. From gold-sanded, black-sanded to white-sanded, Bali has varieties of beaches that might suit your preference.
Sun Island Bali has compiled 10 most beautiful beaches spread around Bali to help you arrange your to-do list in Bali.
1. Kuta Beach
The most famous beach in Bali is known from time to time for its beautiful sunset. Once a fisherman’s beach, Kuta has now turned into an entertainment hub with cafés, bars, and malls around. However, the beauty hasn’t faded at all.
Gold-sanded Kuta is also known for the waves, which might satisfy surfers, especially during the dusk. For families, the wide-stretched sandy beach with umbrellas everywhere is a great place to lounge as well.
2. Sanur Beach
Sanur might be Bali’s resort beach, but it has maintained Bali’s art and culture at hand. Known for its laidback atmosphere and relaxing ambiance, the beach mixes together beach clubs, restaurant and cafés with lilting shores, almost without waves. Compared to Kuta and its likes, Sanur is a calmer beach and a great spot to catch sunrise.
3. Lovina Beach
Located away from the crowd in North of Bali, Lovina is covered with black, volcanic sand originally from Mount Agung. The calm sea and slow waves guarantee its spot as a swimmer’s beach. Lovina is still a fisherman’s beach, therefore, local fishermen are still everywhere around. During sunrise, people can catch glimpse of dolphins sighting when sailing a little bit away from the beach.
4. Padang-Padang Beach
Surrounded by rocks and moss, Padang-Padang beach near Uluwatu is a paradise for surfers. Julia Roberts’ Eat, Pray, Love is responsible for making this beach a popular spot although the location is hidden away from plain sight. With many caves around, it can also be a great sport for cave exploration. When the tide is high, it’s also a pleasant swimming spot for those who dare to face sharp rocks.
5. Amed Beach
Amed beach in Karangasem is also known for its organic black sand from volcanic deposits. The wave isn’t really the main attraction for people to visit Amed; but its myriads of flat bottom lagoon – which attracts people who love diving and snorkeling. The natural beauty of Amed is conserved and protected; therefore, it becomes a paradise of underwater tourism in Bali.
6. Bias Tugal Beach
Also known as Pantai Kecil (fig. Little beach), Bias Tugal is a deserted, white-sanded beach located near Padang Bai. To reach this place, one must follow a trekking track for 500 meters; but it’s worth it. You can do various activities in this area – from swimming, snorkeling, or cave exploring. If you dare enough, you can also jump to the blue lagoon in this hidden paradise.
7. Blue Point Beach
Follow down some Rio-de-Janeiro-like paths full of bars and eateries, you’ll find a beautiful, gold-sanded beach surrounded by exotic cliff is waiting. Blue Point beach isn’t necessarily a big beach, but it’s a compact beach. The eateries do not disturb you from enjoying the beauty of the beach below. Blue Point is another surfers’ paradise for its strong current and great waves. In addition, it’s also great beach to enjoy sunset from every corner of this place.
8. Balangan Beach
This is a secret hideaway near Uluwatu. Balangan beach is a beautiful natural beauty where nature’s best gem and Balinese local wisdom go hand in hand. You need to pass local villages before arriving in this emerald and golden beaut. The current is strong – definitely not recommended for swimming; but, it’s an idyllic place to enjoy yourself on a clear dusk in Bali.
9. Melasti Beach, Tanah Lot
There are a lot of Melasti Beaches in Bali, but this one is a hidden one. Overshadowed by nearby attraction, Tanah Lot temple, little effort is needed to reach this gold-sanded beach. This beach is a unique spot; it overlooks some beautiful natural rocks in the sea and it has a small waterfall on a cliff. It’s a great place not only for swimming, but also for sunset-seeking or photography.
10. Echo Beach
Located near Bali’s hipster paradise, Echo Beach shares the hippie vibes along the way. Also known as Pantai Batu Mejan, this beach is surrounded by unique beach clubs and cafés representing the hipster side of Bali in Canggu. There’s a small river divides the shoreline, which can be crossed by walking barefooted. Whether you’re up for swimming, surfing or simply just sunset lounging, this hipster beach is what you need.
From time to time, Bali’s beaches will always be the main attractions for visitors. For whatever reason, people will keep coming to Bali for “vitamin sea.” Sun Island Bali has assisted you in compiling out some of the best beaches from around the island. We are also keen to look after you in our warmest hospitality as your mode of accommodation.
Sun Island Bali Group operates the website www.sunislandbali.com, www.sunislandkuta.com, www.whiterosebali.com, www.sunislandboutiquevillas.com,www.sunislandlegian.com
- These Legal Notice of Online Sale apply to all reservations and purchases made online.
- The site enables users to reserve rooms and supplementary services in all Sun Island Bali hotels and villas property.
- The Guest confirms that he/she has read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions of Online Sale.
The Guest shall respect the below process:
- To find a hotel or a villa, to select a check-in and a check-out date, to select a room and rate;
- To select, when needed and/or available, additional services;
- To check the reservation details, the total price including taxes and the applicable hotel’s policies and sales conditions related to the selected rate;
- To inform the Guest details;
- To read, understand and accept the Terms and Conditions of Online Sale;
- To confirm the reservation;
- To Guarantee the reservation;
- To pay for the reservation (when requested only).
- The Guest reservation is subject to an acknowledgement of receipt by email.
- The email shall summarize the dates, the services reserved, the prices, the address of the hotel concerned, the hotel’s policies related to the selected rate.
- The Guest shall provide his/her bank details as a guarantee of the reservation using a valid credit card The Guest attests to the truth and accuracy of the information submitted for this reservation purposes.
- Each rate booked at Sun Island Bali Group property, is subject to a Cancellation Policy. Failure to check in on the reserved arrival date will incur a penalty charge as detailed in the Cancellation Policy.
- To process with the payment the Guest shall inform:
His/her credit card number;
Its expiration date;
Its card verification number (csv).
- The Guest attests to the truth and accuracy of the information submitted for this payment purposes.
- The confirmation of reservation constitutes an electronic signature equivalent in value to a physical signature between the parties. The Guest acknowledges and agrees that he/she has read, understood and accepted the sales conditions related to the selected rate.
This web site and the related web sites contained herein (collectively, the "Site") make available information on hotels, villas, and other transient stay facilities (each a "Property") owned, managed or franchised by Sun Island Bali.
In order to provide multiple access points to the services and products we offer, any one of these websites may ask for and collect personally identifiable information in order to enhance your experience and provide you with relevant information. Those websites, including:
- www.sunislandboutiquevillas.com, and
When using the Online Reservation and Online Registration you may be asked to provide a credit card number and its expiration date. Other information may be collected are: (i) reservation or information requests, (ii) purchasing products or services, (iii) responding to communications from us (e.g., surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations), (iv) including collecting publicly available information from social networking web sites, We do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information with any other party including any third-party joint promoters, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes.
You should be aware that information and data is automatically collected through the use of 'cookies' to obtain information about you while visiting our websites. A cookie is a very small text file that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Sun Island Bali cookies assign your computer with a unique identifier, which in turn, becomes your identification card whenever you return to Sun Island Bali websites. These cookies are limited to Sun Island Bali websites only, and are not designed to follow you when traveling on the Internet and will not remember your email address.