Chinese New Year Superstitions
The Year of the Rooster will start on January 28, 2017. People around the globe who have ties with the Chinese traditions believe that there are the Do's and Don'ts they should follow in anticipation of the coming New Year. Taboos and superstitions have existed since ancient Chinese, believed to invite good things to happen and ward off bad luck throughout the year. Whether or not you will follow or ignore them, there is nothing wrong with knowing some of those taboos on Chinese New Year Day, just for the fun of it.
Sweeping the floor or dump the trash is believed to take away the wealth and luck from the entire household, so all brooms and dusters hidden during this day.
Don't eat rice porridge in the morning of the new year as porridge is food for the poor. Eating porridge in the morning will prevent you from getting rich.
Washing or Cutting of Hair
Wash your hair and you'll risk washing away good luck and fortune for the coming year. Similar to that, cutting your hair is also bad luck because knives and scissors can cut off your fortune as well.
White and Black Colours
Avoid wearing white and black on the New Year day as they are associated with death and mourning. Wear red instead, the color of happiness and prosperity.
Handling Kitchenwares and Household Items with Care
You should be extra careful when handling breakable items such as cups, plates, and mirrors. Breaking iany of such items means a broken family or a death in the family.
Shooting off Fire
Sending out the old year and welcoming in the coming year by lighting up fireworks or shooting off fire. On the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve every door in the house，and even windows, have to be open to allow the old year to go out.
Lending or borrowing of Money or Items
No lending or borrowing should take place during this time, as this activity will be reflected in what this person will be doing all the year.
Refrain from Bad words
Keep everything positive. Do not say or write a single bad word, or this will bring effect on you for the rest of the year. This also applies to neutral 'words' or numbers that have negative associations in the Chinese traditions.
Sun Island Bali Group operates the website www.sunislandbali.com, www.sunislandkuta.com, www.whiterosebali.com, www.sunislandboutiquevillas.com,www.sunislandlegian.com
- These Legal Notice of Online Sale apply to all reservations and purchases made online.
- The site enables users to reserve rooms and supplementary services in all Sun Island Bali hotels and villas property.
- The Guest confirms that he/she has read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions of Online Sale.
The Guest shall respect the below process:
- To find a hotel or a villa, to select a check-in and a check-out date, to select a room and rate;
- To select, when needed and/or available, additional services;
- To check the reservation details, the total price including taxes and the applicable hotel’s policies and sales conditions related to the selected rate;
- To inform the Guest details;
- To read, understand and accept the Terms and Conditions of Online Sale;
- To confirm the reservation;
- To Guarantee the reservation;
- To pay for the reservation (when requested only).
- The Guest reservation is subject to an acknowledgement of receipt by email.
- The email shall summarize the dates, the services reserved, the prices, the address of the hotel concerned, the hotel’s policies related to the selected rate.
- The Guest shall provide his/her bank details as a guarantee of the reservation using a valid credit card The Guest attests to the truth and accuracy of the information submitted for this reservation purposes.
- Each rate booked at Sun Island Bali Group property, is subject to a Cancellation Policy. Failure to check in on the reserved arrival date will incur a penalty charge as detailed in the Cancellation Policy.
- To process with the payment the Guest shall inform:
His/her credit card number;
Its expiration date;
Its card verification number (csv).
- The Guest attests to the truth and accuracy of the information submitted for this payment purposes.
- The confirmation of reservation constitutes an electronic signature equivalent in value to a physical signature between the parties. The Guest acknowledges and agrees that he/she has read, understood and accepted the sales conditions related to the selected rate.
This web site and the related web sites contained herein (collectively, the "Site") make available information on hotels, villas, and other transient stay facilities (each a "Property") owned, managed or franchised by Sun Island Bali.
In order to provide multiple access points to the services and products we offer, any one of these websites may ask for and collect personally identifiable information in order to enhance your experience and provide you with relevant information. Those websites, including:
- www.sunislandboutiquevillas.com, and
When using the Online Reservation and Online Registration you may be asked to provide a credit card number and its expiration date. Other information may be collected are: (i) reservation or information requests, (ii) purchasing products or services, (iii) responding to communications from us (e.g., surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations), (iv) including collecting publicly available information from social networking web sites, We do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information with any other party including any third-party joint promoters, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes.
You should be aware that information and data is automatically collected through the use of 'cookies' to obtain information about you while visiting our websites. A cookie is a very small text file that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Sun Island Bali cookies assign your computer with a unique identifier, which in turn, becomes your identification card whenever you return to Sun Island Bali websites. These cookies are limited to Sun Island Bali websites only, and are not designed to follow you when traveling on the Internet and will not remember your email address.