Exotic Islands around Bali
Bali, while still being one of the most exotic tourism destinations in the world, has developed quickly during the last decade. The main island is still a highly popular place for tropical getaway, which combines the natural beauty and high-end modernizations. Yet, little do people know that there are tiny, exotic islands around Bali to preserve the natural idylls and serenity Bali used to be well-known for. Those isles overshadowed by the main island’s charms save magnificent sunset, picturesque underwater beauty, and extraordinary wildlife like nobody ever sees.
From the famous three Nusa islands, exotic northwestern island to the well-known Gilis, here is a small guide to island hopping near Bali.
1. Nusa Lembongan
Hailed as the calm Bali, Nusa Lembongan reminiscing the island’s old vibes is known as the most famous among three Nusa islands. Taking 45 minutes via boat from Sanur or Tanjung Benoa, this isle has already been packed with limited variety of beachfront hotels, surf-houses, and beach clubs. However, this slow Bali is also packed with myriads of picturesque beaches with stunning, crystal clear underwater beauty as well as exotic mangrove forest. This island is connected to another Nusa island, Nusa Ceningan.
2. Nusa Penida
Known for the untouched beaches as well as picturesque diving and snorkeling spots, Nusa Penida is more obscure than Nusa Lembongan or even Bali. To reach this isle, people only need to take 30 minutes by boat via the same check point as Nusa Lembongan. Not only for the marine wonders, Penida is also known for its mysterious temples, like Goa Giri Putri and Pura Paluang, as well as local birdlife reservation, with Bali Starling as the prima donna.
3. Nusa Ceningan
This isle is directly connected to Nusa Lembongan; it can be reached via the same check points or Lembongan. Nusa Ceningan has similar niches as Lembongan, although it is less crowded. Ceningan also has idyllic marine spots with underwater temple and statues surrounded by exotic aquatic life. Turtle nesting is one unique natural attraction in this island.
4. Menjangan Island
This island is located in the northwestern shore of Bali as a part of West Bali National Park. It is also known for larger-than-life snorkel paradise and natural habitat of specific deer called ‘menjangan.’ This island is a home of the famous Segara Giri Dharma Kencana temple.
5. The Gilis (Gili Trawangan, Gili Air, Gili Meno)
Off the coast of Bali’s neighbor island, Lombok, the Gilis – Gili Trawangan, Gili Air and Gili Meno are located. An hour from the shore of Bali, these islands are home for more atmospheric island life compared to nowadays Bali. Packed with large collection of hotels, restaurants and nightlife clubs, especially in Trawangan; it’s a great alternative for your Bali getaway.
Sun Island Bali Group operates the website www.sunislandbali.com, www.sunislandkuta.com, www.whiterosebali.com, www.sunislandboutiquevillas.com,www.sunislandlegian.com
- These Legal Notice of Online Sale apply to all reservations and purchases made online.
- The site enables users to reserve rooms and supplementary services in all Sun Island Bali hotels and villas property.
- The Guest confirms that he/she has read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions of Online Sale.
The Guest shall respect the below process:
- To find a hotel or a villa, to select a check-in and a check-out date, to select a room and rate;
- To select, when needed and/or available, additional services;
- To check the reservation details, the total price including taxes and the applicable hotel’s policies and sales conditions related to the selected rate;
- To inform the Guest details;
- To read, understand and accept the Terms and Conditions of Online Sale;
- To confirm the reservation;
- To Guarantee the reservation;
- To pay for the reservation (when requested only).
- The Guest reservation is subject to an acknowledgement of receipt by email.
- The email shall summarize the dates, the services reserved, the prices, the address of the hotel concerned, the hotel’s policies related to the selected rate.
- The Guest shall provide his/her bank details as a guarantee of the reservation using a valid credit card The Guest attests to the truth and accuracy of the information submitted for this reservation purposes.
- Each rate booked at Sun Island Bali Group property, is subject to a Cancellation Policy. Failure to check in on the reserved arrival date will incur a penalty charge as detailed in the Cancellation Policy.
- To process with the payment the Guest shall inform:
His/her credit card number;
Its expiration date;
Its card verification number (csv).
- The Guest attests to the truth and accuracy of the information submitted for this payment purposes.
- The confirmation of reservation constitutes an electronic signature equivalent in value to a physical signature between the parties. The Guest acknowledges and agrees that he/she has read, understood and accepted the sales conditions related to the selected rate.
This web site and the related web sites contained herein (collectively, the "Site") make available information on hotels, villas, and other transient stay facilities (each a "Property") owned, managed or franchised by Sun Island Bali.
In order to provide multiple access points to the services and products we offer, any one of these websites may ask for and collect personally identifiable information in order to enhance your experience and provide you with relevant information. Those websites, including:
- www.sunislandboutiquevillas.com, and
When using the Online Reservation and Online Registration you may be asked to provide a credit card number and its expiration date. Other information may be collected are: (i) reservation or information requests, (ii) purchasing products or services, (iii) responding to communications from us (e.g., surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations), (iv) including collecting publicly available information from social networking web sites, We do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information with any other party including any third-party joint promoters, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes.
You should be aware that information and data is automatically collected through the use of 'cookies' to obtain information about you while visiting our websites. A cookie is a very small text file that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Sun Island Bali cookies assign your computer with a unique identifier, which in turn, becomes your identification card whenever you return to Sun Island Bali websites. These cookies are limited to Sun Island Bali websites only, and are not designed to follow you when traveling on the Internet and will not remember your email address.