7 Things to Do in Bali with Kids
While known as a romantic haven, Bali is also a friendly host for family vacation. The island’s natural landscape itself will immediately captivate younger visitors’ attentions. There are sides of the island which are kid-friendly and, more to it, designed to amuse a whole family. From the sandy beach to the exotic animal kingdoms to the local values, these are some things you can do in Bali with kids.
Indonesia is known as a home for myriads of exotic wildlife; and Bali is host to some of the endemic faunas. Your kids will be enthralled by the island’s dedicated animal conservations. Visit Bali Safari and Marine Park to witness more than 60 species of animals from across the world in their natural state—with Komodo dragons, orangutans, native wild cats and Sumatran elephants under the spotlight. On another side of the island, you can visit Bali Bird Park, a sanctuary to more than 1,000 birds from around the world including the rare Bali starling.
Local Cuisine Hunting
Bali has wide ranges of local cuisines to continue satisfying your palates. From mouth-watering spicy culinary—such as Babi Guling, Tipat Cantok, or Bebek Betutu— to sugar-laced delicatessen—such as Daluman, Balinese cuisine might always find a spot to attract your family members. If you are not satisfied to only savor the delicious cuisine, you can even play chef and get involved in cooking various menus of Bali’s best dishes on Cooking Class held at Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa Seminyak or White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa.
Golden sand and turquoise seawater surround Bali with most beautiful beaches anywhere you go. While adults would love to spend days lounging by the chic beach like in Kuta or Seminyak or surfing the tides in Uluwatu, kids would love to spend a day at beaches where they can freely move. Mengiat Beach in Nusa Dua might be a great kid-friendly beach. Karang Beach in Sanur and Batu Bolong Beach in Canggu might also be a perfect choice to play with rippling waves or to build sandcastles.
Not only home for most beautiful beaches in the world, Bali is also home for most exciting waterparks. Kuta and Canggu own the most exciting waterparks, including the famous Waterbom—hailed as the #1 best waterparks in Asia and #2 best waterparks in the world. Children will love a whole-day excursion at Bali’s waterparks.
uring the breezy day of summer, Bali sky becomes a host to multitude of beautifully ornate kites of many sizes and shapes. Best places to play or witness traditional Balinese kites are beaches and rice fields. Some kite festivals are held along the months of July to October, with the famous Bali Kite Festival being held in the month of July, in Sanur Beach. Take your kids to kite-infested beaches and fly his/her most favorite kites to soar up the sky.
Wandering through Mangroves
With the amount of beaches, Bali is known as a great place for mangrove forest, which lines up along the shoreline. While mangrove forest is important for life—from marine life to human, from the earth to the sea—understanding about its importance is still low among people; therefore, at Mangrove Care, which you can visit at Suwung Kauh, Jl. Bypass Sanur, you can get involved into the life of these vegetation. Take your kids to walk along the forest at the intersection of earth and sea or else ask them to plant mangrove plants.
Art and culture in Bali remains intact from the ancient time. That becomes a gift for the world to witness how ancient culture is conserved and practiced in modern life. There are plenty of cultural and shows in Bali which will amaze you and your kids. From Kecak Dance at Uluwatu temple to Barong Dance which you can find in myriads of amphitheater in the island, all these shows will introduce your kids to a new world they might have never experienced before.
Sun Island Bali Group operates the website www.sunislandbali.com, www.sunislandkuta.com, www.whiterosebali.com, www.sunislandboutiquevillas.com,www.sunislandlegian.com
- These Legal Notice of Online Sale apply to all reservations and purchases made online.
- The site enables users to reserve rooms and supplementary services in all Sun Island Bali hotels and villas property.
- The Guest confirms that he/she has read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions of Online Sale.
The Guest shall respect the below process:
- To find a hotel or a villa, to select a check-in and a check-out date, to select a room and rate;
- To select, when needed and/or available, additional services;
- To check the reservation details, the total price including taxes and the applicable hotel’s policies and sales conditions related to the selected rate;
- To inform the Guest details;
- To read, understand and accept the Terms and Conditions of Online Sale;
- To confirm the reservation;
- To Guarantee the reservation;
- To pay for the reservation (when requested only).
- The Guest reservation is subject to an acknowledgement of receipt by email.
- The email shall summarize the dates, the services reserved, the prices, the address of the hotel concerned, the hotel’s policies related to the selected rate.
- The Guest shall provide his/her bank details as a guarantee of the reservation using a valid credit card The Guest attests to the truth and accuracy of the information submitted for this reservation purposes.
- Each rate booked at Sun Island Bali Group property, is subject to a Cancellation Policy. Failure to check in on the reserved arrival date will incur a penalty charge as detailed in the Cancellation Policy.
- To process with the payment the Guest shall inform:
His/her credit card number;
Its expiration date;
Its card verification number (csv).
- The Guest attests to the truth and accuracy of the information submitted for this payment purposes.
- The confirmation of reservation constitutes an electronic signature equivalent in value to a physical signature between the parties. The Guest acknowledges and agrees that he/she has read, understood and accepted the sales conditions related to the selected rate.
This web site and the related web sites contained herein (collectively, the "Site") make available information on hotels, villas, and other transient stay facilities (each a "Property") owned, managed or franchised by Sun Island Bali.
In order to provide multiple access points to the services and products we offer, any one of these websites may ask for and collect personally identifiable information in order to enhance your experience and provide you with relevant information. Those websites, including:
- www.sunislandboutiquevillas.com, and
When using the Online Reservation and Online Registration you may be asked to provide a credit card number and its expiration date. Other information may be collected are: (i) reservation or information requests, (ii) purchasing products or services, (iii) responding to communications from us (e.g., surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations), (iv) including collecting publicly available information from social networking web sites, We do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information with any other party including any third-party joint promoters, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes.
You should be aware that information and data is automatically collected through the use of 'cookies' to obtain information about you while visiting our websites. A cookie is a very small text file that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Sun Island Bali cookies assign your computer with a unique identifier, which in turn, becomes your identification card whenever you return to Sun Island Bali websites. These cookies are limited to Sun Island Bali websites only, and are not designed to follow you when traveling on the Internet and will not remember your email address.