8 Things to Do in Bali on Rainy Days
While Bali is always celebrated for the hyperbolic endless summer, it is still located in tropical area, after all. Occasional rains at random times of the year are not unusual. Casual drizzle might come and go; and downpours can sometimes occur in the most unpredictable moment. Yet, those rainy moments should not hinder you from enjoying your finest Bali getaway since Bali still offers options for activity to take during the wettest day.
From going completely dry to utterly wet, these are some things to do during rainy days in Bali.
Indulging in the Most Pampering Spa
Sometimes rain might be a signal from nature to restrain you from self-imposing and to return to the nature’s most regaling embrace. Answer the nature’s call by spoiling your body in Bali’s most exotic spa parlors spread all around the islands. Enjoy Balinese traditional massages integrating tropical ingredients extracted from nature’s generosity with adept technique for your most pampering rainy day relaxation.
If you stay at one of Sun Island Bali’s properties, you can simply reserve your treatment at Island Spa for instant retreat to connect with your inner self and feel the flow of the universe within you
Visiting the Best Shopping Malls
Stay completely dry by visiting Bali’s most famous shopping malls scattered along Kuta area. You can immediately start your shopping spree for various items—from fashion, accessories, to souvenirs from myriads of brands, including international acclaimed ones. Most malls in Bali are also equipped with bookstores, food courts and other entertainments for you to spend as much as time within. If you’re up for movies, some biggest malls are also equipped with movie theaters with admission ranged from USD 3-15.
Café and/or Restaurant Hopping at Your Will
Lining up from Kuta to Legian all way Seminyak and Petitenget, myriads of cafés, restaurants and eateries are available with various ranges of dishes and prices. Drop yourself up at one of those famous areas and bring an umbrella, you’re up to walk from one place to another; savoring the best dishes they can offer—from International, Asian, or even Balinese. By the end of the rainy days, you’ll get much satisfied and vigorous for more adventures.
Partaking in Balinese Cooking Class
If you have extra curiosity of Balinese cuisine, you can also spend the whole rainy days on kitchen, unraveling secrets behind Balinese’s most delicious dishes with authentic chefs. Some places even offer tours to traditional market to prepare ingredients and local spices, before guiding you deep in the kitchen.
Chef at White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa offers Cooking Class to unravel secrets behind Balinese Crispy Duck at Bunut Café.
Engaging in Art Workshop
Aside from the natural beauty, Bali is also known for arts and crafts reflecting the island’s cultural heritage. Get yourself engaged in the island’s most artistic practice in some traditional workshop for silversmith and other art crafting. Some of these workshops take all the time you need to forget the wet day outside. In the end, you can bring your piece of art home as souvenirs. Such workshops and galleries are everywhere to find in Bali, but you’ll find it more around Ubud and Abiansemal.
Going to Art Theaters
Bali’s well-conserved culture is also practiced in forms of performances and dances. You might imagine Kecak Dances in Uluwatu Temple or some Barong Dances on amphitheaters; yet, they might be tough to follow under downpours. Set your sight to some indoor theaters that flaunt Bali’s best culture shows. There are plenty of art theaters you can visit, yet the most well-known ones would be Kuta Theater and Devdan in Nusa Dua.
Imagine that you can be any wetter if you are underwater during wet day. You can either go swimming at any pool or bring the whole experience to a new height. Marine walk can be an extreme activity you can do during rainy days. Soak yourself completely wet to admire Bali’s gorgeous underwater life. You can opt to go scuba diving, snorkeling, or seawalking at your will.
Getting Even Wetter at Waterparks
If going underwater isn’t your thing but you’re up for energetic activity, you can simply go to waterparks. Remember that Bali is also home for most exciting waterparks. Kuta and Canggu own the most exciting waterparks, including the famous Waterbom—hailed as the #1 best waterparks in Asia and #2 best waterparks in the world. It’s a wet day, after all; why don’t you get even wetter?
Sun Island Bali Group operates the website www.sunislandbali.com, www.sunislandkuta.com, www.whiterosebali.com, www.sunislandboutiquevillas.com,www.sunislandlegian.com
- These Legal Notice of Online Sale apply to all reservations and purchases made online.
- The site enables users to reserve rooms and supplementary services in all Sun Island Bali hotels and villas property.
- The Guest confirms that he/she has read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions of Online Sale.
The Guest shall respect the below process:
- To find a hotel or a villa, to select a check-in and a check-out date, to select a room and rate;
- To select, when needed and/or available, additional services;
- To check the reservation details, the total price including taxes and the applicable hotel’s policies and sales conditions related to the selected rate;
- To inform the Guest details;
- To read, understand and accept the Terms and Conditions of Online Sale;
- To confirm the reservation;
- To Guarantee the reservation;
- To pay for the reservation (when requested only).
- The Guest reservation is subject to an acknowledgement of receipt by email.
- The email shall summarize the dates, the services reserved, the prices, the address of the hotel concerned, the hotel’s policies related to the selected rate.
- The Guest shall provide his/her bank details as a guarantee of the reservation using a valid credit card The Guest attests to the truth and accuracy of the information submitted for this reservation purposes.
- Each rate booked at Sun Island Bali Group property, is subject to a Cancellation Policy. Failure to check in on the reserved arrival date will incur a penalty charge as detailed in the Cancellation Policy.
- To process with the payment the Guest shall inform:
His/her credit card number;
Its expiration date;
Its card verification number (csv).
- The Guest attests to the truth and accuracy of the information submitted for this payment purposes.
- The confirmation of reservation constitutes an electronic signature equivalent in value to a physical signature between the parties. The Guest acknowledges and agrees that he/she has read, understood and accepted the sales conditions related to the selected rate.
This web site and the related web sites contained herein (collectively, the "Site") make available information on hotels, villas, and other transient stay facilities (each a "Property") owned, managed or franchised by Sun Island Bali.
In order to provide multiple access points to the services and products we offer, any one of these websites may ask for and collect personally identifiable information in order to enhance your experience and provide you with relevant information. Those websites, including:
- www.sunislandboutiquevillas.com, and
When using the Online Reservation and Online Registration you may be asked to provide a credit card number and its expiration date. Other information may be collected are: (i) reservation or information requests, (ii) purchasing products or services, (iii) responding to communications from us (e.g., surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations), (iv) including collecting publicly available information from social networking web sites, We do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information with any other party including any third-party joint promoters, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes.
You should be aware that information and data is automatically collected through the use of 'cookies' to obtain information about you while visiting our websites. A cookie is a very small text file that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Sun Island Bali cookies assign your computer with a unique identifier, which in turn, becomes your identification card whenever you return to Sun Island Bali websites. These cookies are limited to Sun Island Bali websites only, and are not designed to follow you when traveling on the Internet and will not remember your email address.