8 Interesting Things to Do in South Kuta, Bali
South Kuta, which practically covers the whole southern side of Bali (or the foot in Bali’s map), is a home to myriads of luxury accommodations, hidden beaches overlooking the majestic Indian Ocean, and other beauty you rarely find in the usuals (Kuta, Seminyak, or even, Ubud). It’s a versatile area where you can be what you want to be—from being a luxury seeker, culture geek, extreme day-tripper, or surf junkie. South Kuta offers you innumerable activities to do for several days of your Bali getaway.
Here are some recommendations of interesting things to do in South Kuta, Bali.
1. Dinner by the sunset of Jimbaran Bay
Spoil your craving for unique dining experience while you visit Jimbaran Bay. There are heaps of beach restaurant and cafés, in which you can dine in, literally, at the beach. You might want to relish freshly caught seafood cuisine and enjoy the dishes as the sun goes down on the horizon or under the romantic moonlight with some candlelight on your table.
2. Walking between Mangrove Forest
Walk down the aisle surrounded by lush mangrove forest at one of the mangrove conservation around Jalan By Pass Ngurah Rai. You can opt to take some educational trip with guides, learning about the existence of world’s largest mangrove ecosystems (which happens to be in Indonesia), or you can simply stroll around for romantic walk with your partner. In addition, you can also help the government by plant your own mangrove forest to the site.
3. Extreme Sport at Tanjung Benoa
From time to time, Tanjung Benoa Beach has always been known for selections of extreme sports to do. You can challenge yourself by doing some of them, such as parasailing, jet skiing, or even flyboarding. With Bali’s beach atmosphere and the island’s wind, these extreme sports might feel different from the same thing in different parts of the world.
4. Waterblow at Nusa Dua
Have you ever witnessed the magnificent waves crashing against Bali’s rock cliff? If you haven’t, you can visit Waterblow in Nusa Dua. Hidden in Nusa Dua’s most beautiful cliff, you can see passageway by the cliff where water hits the rock and blows like explosions. Now, it’s your call to only witness this majestic natural phenomenon or to get wet in the process.
5. Visiting Cultural Park at Garuda Wisnu Kencana
Make an unforgettable voyage through Bali’s unique cultural park, Garuda Wisnu Kencana. Covering approximately 250 hectares of land in Ungasan hill, this park is famous for the ongoing construction of titan statue of Wisnu (Vishnu, an ancient Hindu god) mounted on the back of a garuda (a mythical giant eagle). Located at 260 meters above sea level, the park overlooks magnificent view of the island and the ocean. Some other facilities include an amphitheatre, a gallery, open-air venues, restaurant, souvenir shops and other recreational activities.
6. Beating the Tide at Bali’s Famous Surf Beaches
You should know that Uluwatu in far south of Bali is the island’s top destination of time. The tides and the geography are surfers’ favorite making this a world-class surfer haven. There are myriads of surf camps, surf schools, and, most importantly, pro-level surfers roaming around the areas. There are lots of beaches to choose, but the best will be Balangan and Padang-Padang (where annual international surfing competitions are held).
7. Voyage at Bali’s Most Hidden Beaches
Aside from the surf havens, South Kuta is also home for island’s best beaches, which surprisingly are well-concealed by nature or locals. With the tranquility, golden sands, lush surroundings and wavering blue radiates from Indian Ocean, it’s safe to say that beaches in South Kuta—stretching from Jimbaran, Uluwatu to Ungasan—are simply hidden gems. To name you some of the best: Tegalwangi, Bingin, Nyang Nyang, Suluban, Green Bowl and Gunung Payung.
8. Kecak Dance at Uluwatu Temple
Last but not least, you might not complete your venture to South Kuta without visiting Pura Luhur Uluwatu, a famous Hindu temple located on the edge of a cliff in Uluwatu. With perfect view of the horizon and sunset, the picturesque temple is a perfect idyll. If you’re into cultural things, you can witness traditional Kecak Fire Dance set against the twilight horizon of Uluwatu cliff. It’s a rare cultural event where performance art blends perfectly well with nature’s best vistas.
Sun Island Bali Group operates the website www.sunislandbali.com, www.sunislandkuta.com, www.whiterosebali.com, www.sunislandboutiquevillas.com,www.sunislandlegian.com
- These Legal Notice of Online Sale apply to all reservations and purchases made online.
- The site enables users to reserve rooms and supplementary services in all Sun Island Bali hotels and villas property.
- The Guest confirms that he/she has read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions of Online Sale.
The Guest shall respect the below process:
- To find a hotel or a villa, to select a check-in and a check-out date, to select a room and rate;
- To select, when needed and/or available, additional services;
- To check the reservation details, the total price including taxes and the applicable hotel’s policies and sales conditions related to the selected rate;
- To inform the Guest details;
- To read, understand and accept the Terms and Conditions of Online Sale;
- To confirm the reservation;
- To Guarantee the reservation;
- To pay for the reservation (when requested only).
- The Guest reservation is subject to an acknowledgement of receipt by email.
- The email shall summarize the dates, the services reserved, the prices, the address of the hotel concerned, the hotel’s policies related to the selected rate.
- The Guest shall provide his/her bank details as a guarantee of the reservation using a valid credit card The Guest attests to the truth and accuracy of the information submitted for this reservation purposes.
- Each rate booked at Sun Island Bali Group property, is subject to a Cancellation Policy. Failure to check in on the reserved arrival date will incur a penalty charge as detailed in the Cancellation Policy.
- To process with the payment the Guest shall inform:
His/her credit card number;
Its expiration date;
Its card verification number (csv).
- The Guest attests to the truth and accuracy of the information submitted for this payment purposes.
- The confirmation of reservation constitutes an electronic signature equivalent in value to a physical signature between the parties. The Guest acknowledges and agrees that he/she has read, understood and accepted the sales conditions related to the selected rate.
This web site and the related web sites contained herein (collectively, the "Site") make available information on hotels, villas, and other transient stay facilities (each a "Property") owned, managed or franchised by Sun Island Bali.
In order to provide multiple access points to the services and products we offer, any one of these websites may ask for and collect personally identifiable information in order to enhance your experience and provide you with relevant information. Those websites, including:
- www.sunislandboutiquevillas.com, and
When using the Online Reservation and Online Registration you may be asked to provide a credit card number and its expiration date. Other information may be collected are: (i) reservation or information requests, (ii) purchasing products or services, (iii) responding to communications from us (e.g., surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations), (iv) including collecting publicly available information from social networking web sites, We do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information with any other party including any third-party joint promoters, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes.
You should be aware that information and data is automatically collected through the use of 'cookies' to obtain information about you while visiting our websites. A cookie is a very small text file that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Sun Island Bali cookies assign your computer with a unique identifier, which in turn, becomes your identification card whenever you return to Sun Island Bali websites. These cookies are limited to Sun Island Bali websites only, and are not designed to follow you when traveling on the Internet and will not remember your email address.