Top Tourism Spots in Kuta
Kuta is always the face of Bali for long-time visitors and first-timer. Once known as a gold-sanded, surfing beach in the 1970s, this area has grown rapidly into an enormous entertainment hub. Everything – from the famous Kuta beach, various hotels of various stars, myriads of shopping places and Bali’s most famous bars – is dwelling in Kuta.
Due to its current reputation, people label Kuta as “strictly not for everyone.” The hustle and bustle might not reflect the Balinese face known from the old age, but the beaches are still iconic; and this place is still the most famous icon in Bali.
Sun Island Bali has garnered for you a list of the most famous tourism spots in Kuta you simply cannot miss.
1. Kuta Beach
The famous Kuta Beach is a well-known place to catch sunsets. It is always in visitors’ must-visit list for its atmosphere, where visitors can always learn to surf with Kuta’s incredible waves, take a whole day walk, or simply share cold beers. Do not worry about finding this beach, all locals around this area know where the beach is.
2. Local Surf School
Known for the friendly waves, Kuta is a surf heaven. It is a home for dozens of surf schools. You can find one onsite or you can find a more established one a little distant from the beach. The lesson is very affordable and most of the instructors are fluent in English.
Kuta is also known for the home of waterparks known worldwide. Waterbom, located in Jalan Kartika Plaza (near our Kuta Hotel), is the most famous. Waterbom is #1 best waterpark in Asia and #2 best waterpark in the world, Waterbom has myriads of slides and activities suited for family or individual visits. Another waterpark in Kuta is called Circus Waterpark. It is smaller and less expensive compared to Waterbom, but it also serves the best rides for family.
4. The Malls
While being known for the beach and resort atmosphere, Kuta is also a home for Bali’s most famous shopping malls. There are 5 malls spread out around this area alone. Each mall has different character and different kind of visitors. Beachwalk, located before the shore of Kuta Beach, is known for its fashion taste. Mal Bali Galleria, located a bit further from the actions, is more family-oriented. Meanwhile, Discovery Mall is the only mall in Bali to have a beach-front porch. Lippo Mall Kuta is known as one-stop entertainment; and Park 23 on Jalan Kediri is a mid-end haven.
5. Kuta Turtle Conservation
Among its hustle and bustle, Kuta saves a little compassion if you’re up to give back to environment. Kuta Beach Sea Turtle Conservation is a site devoted to protect sea turtle. Visitors can help the site to release baby sea turtle into the sea after receiving intensive care for months. It is a great place to educate children about how important nature conservation is.
6. Ground Zero Monument
There was once a tragedy happened in Bali; but everybody has moved on; everybody has risen from ashes to make a better and more hospitable Bali. To commemorate the departed of the 2002 Bali bombing, Ground Zero Monument stand erects in the border of Kuta and Legian area (near our Kuta Resort). The memorial is carved on sandstone and decorated with marbles. A memorial ceremony is held every year on October 12 to honor those who have fallen victims to the tragedy.
7. Kelan Beach
Do you want a quieter and more hidden beach than Kuta Beach? You can go to Kelan Beach on the southern side of Ngurah Rai International Airport. This fishermen’s beach is conjoined with the airport; therefore, you can count how many airplanes land on or take off from this site. To make it worth more, Kelan Beach also serves the best sunsets in the island and it’s surrounded by myriads of local food stalls.
8. Kuta Karnival
For one weekend in October every year, Kuta turns into a city of carnival. Festivals, fun activities, food bazaars, movie screenings and other activities are held during this period of time. The festival is enormous; and since Kuta is an area with enormous visitors, it makes a great carnival as well. Everybody is invited to have fun together.
If you’re up for quirky adventures, Kuta saves the hidden gems for those who are intrigued to do.
There’s a hidden, abandoned airplane a few minutes from the airports. Nobody knows for what purpose that airplane is there, but it’s a fun place to take some incredible pictures.
You can also go canoeing beyond the great pillars of Bali Mandara toll road. This toll road connects Nusa Dua and Denpasar, but you can access it from Kuta and have some adventures below.
If you wish to have a quieter jog by the beach, you can go to Jerman Beach. It is the beach that stretches on the southern side of the famous Kuta beach to the airport.
Kuta is a dynamic face of Bali – a modern look of Bali to welcome visitors from all around the world. It is a one-stop getaway if you are new to Bali; or even if you are seasoned in Bali getaway. Sun Island Bali has helped you pointing out some of the best tourist attraction; should you wish to spend your time in Kuta, we are one to take care of you.
Sun Island Bali Group operates the website www.sunislandbali.com, www.sunislandkuta.com, www.whiterosebali.com, www.sunislandboutiquevillas.com,www.sunislandlegian.com
- These Legal Notice of Online Sale apply to all reservations and purchases made online.
- The site enables users to reserve rooms and supplementary services in all Sun Island Bali hotels and villas property.
- The Guest confirms that he/she has read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions of Online Sale.
The Guest shall respect the below process:
- To find a hotel or a villa, to select a check-in and a check-out date, to select a room and rate;
- To select, when needed and/or available, additional services;
- To check the reservation details, the total price including taxes and the applicable hotel’s policies and sales conditions related to the selected rate;
- To inform the Guest details;
- To read, understand and accept the Terms and Conditions of Online Sale;
- To confirm the reservation;
- To Guarantee the reservation;
- To pay for the reservation (when requested only).
- The Guest reservation is subject to an acknowledgement of receipt by email.
- The email shall summarize the dates, the services reserved, the prices, the address of the hotel concerned, the hotel’s policies related to the selected rate.
- The Guest shall provide his/her bank details as a guarantee of the reservation using a valid credit card The Guest attests to the truth and accuracy of the information submitted for this reservation purposes.
- Each rate booked at Sun Island Bali Group property, is subject to a Cancellation Policy. Failure to check in on the reserved arrival date will incur a penalty charge as detailed in the Cancellation Policy.
- To process with the payment the Guest shall inform:
His/her credit card number;
Its expiration date;
Its card verification number (csv).
- The Guest attests to the truth and accuracy of the information submitted for this payment purposes.
- The confirmation of reservation constitutes an electronic signature equivalent in value to a physical signature between the parties. The Guest acknowledges and agrees that he/she has read, understood and accepted the sales conditions related to the selected rate.
This web site and the related web sites contained herein (collectively, the "Site") make available information on hotels, villas, and other transient stay facilities (each a "Property") owned, managed or franchised by Sun Island Bali.
In order to provide multiple access points to the services and products we offer, any one of these websites may ask for and collect personally identifiable information in order to enhance your experience and provide you with relevant information. Those websites, including:
- www.sunislandboutiquevillas.com, and
When using the Online Reservation and Online Registration you may be asked to provide a credit card number and its expiration date. Other information may be collected are: (i) reservation or information requests, (ii) purchasing products or services, (iii) responding to communications from us (e.g., surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations), (iv) including collecting publicly available information from social networking web sites, We do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information with any other party including any third-party joint promoters, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes.
You should be aware that information and data is automatically collected through the use of 'cookies' to obtain information about you while visiting our websites. A cookie is a very small text file that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Sun Island Bali cookies assign your computer with a unique identifier, which in turn, becomes your identification card whenever you return to Sun Island Bali websites. These cookies are limited to Sun Island Bali websites only, and are not designed to follow you when traveling on the Internet and will not remember your email address.