9 Most Beautiful Waterfalls in Bali
Bali is always known for zillions of beautiful beaches and fancy beach clubs spread around the coastline. Yet, little do people know that the further they stray from the coastline, the more they will find natural gems in forms of beautiful Bali waterfalls waiting to be discovered. Here are 9 most beautiful waterfalls in Bali to add to your next Bali bucket list.
Sekumpul Waterfall, Singaraja
Hidden in the village of Sekumpul, Singaraja (nearly two and a half hour from Denpasar), seven waterfalls of Sekumpul spill wavering amount of waters from seven different heights and orchestrate a harmonious song of nature. Those waterfalls are located deep in the woods with challenging treks leading to the spot where they ‘gather’ as the name might suggest in local tongue. Often hailed as Bali’s best waterfall, Sekumpul is beautiful not only to view from distance but also to admire from close range.
Tegenungan Waterfall, Ubud
Located in Ubud’s remote village, Tegenungan is a unique Bali waterfall due to its location—not in mountainous area. Surrounded with lush vegetation and fresh local jungle air, the waterfall is a beautiful natural water spring with strong currents and abundant debits of water which makes this place a perfect place for natural bathing. If you’re in one-day excursion to Ubud, visiting Tegenungan waterfall can be your final destination after visiting several famous temples (e.g., Gunung Kawi and Tirta Empul) and Ubud Monkey Forest.
Aling-Aling Waterfall, Buleleng
There’s a 35-meter natural rock slide leading to Aling-Aling Waterfall, which is located in Sambangan Village, Buleleng (nearly 3 hours from Denpasar). Guests need to follow steep road and winding path for a while before reaching the fall, but the destination is truly worth the journey. Water falls from steeper cliff which is surrounded by higher cliffs and pours into an azure natural pond which looks like a hidden lagoon. The sensation of sliding down Aling-Aling waterfall into the total indulging plunge pool below is second to none.
GitGit Waterfall, Singaraja
Possibly, GitGit is Bali’s most well-known waterfall as a mainstream tourist attraction due to its highly accessible location. There are art shops nearby and myriads of small cafés signifying the fall’s popularity among tourists. The waterfall is 35-meter tall and is surrounded by local woods which becomes home for endemic monkeys. The most intriguing thing about this waterfall is the myth saying that lovers who bathe together under the fall will separate sooner or later.
Tibumana Waterfall, Bangli
Known as Bali’s best waterfall and best kept secret, Tibumana in Bangli is a hidden gem surrounded by luscious garden with exotic birds and butterflies around. The fall itself falls into a shallow pool, yet the rumble is thundering even from miles away. When the water debit is high, the water falls into twin columns, yet, in dry season, it only falls into one column. To keep in mind, its serene surrounding makes sure that guests can take beautiful pictures without distraction.
Kanto Lampo Waterfall, Gianyar
The ‘new’ Bali waterfall called Kanto Lampo, which is located 12 kilometers east of Ubud, was ‘made’ in 2015. Water strongly falls against naturally unique foundation of rocks, which makes it a great scene to witness. The location looks as if the whole perimeter is taken directly from ancient folktales with jungle atmosphere and natural caves. What makes this fall different from other waterfalls in Bali is the fact that it shares the same water sources with local irrigation system; therefore, when irrigation is on session, there’s no water flowing through the fall.
Banyumala Twin Waterfalls, Buleleng
Hidden from the outside world, Banyumala is a gift from the Earth to those who really listen and go the extra miles for serenity. Located in mountainous part of northern Bali, Banyumala hides away not two idylls, which conjoin in creating twin streams, at the same place. Water cascades down through rocks adorned with greenery from the surrounding jungle. There’s a natural plunge pool below the falls for visitors to soak a little. Since it is hidden away, there’s barely tourist around, you can make this your personal sanctuary.
Nung-Nung Waterfall, Petang
In Pelaga (around 90 minutes from Denpasar), the thunderously rumbling Bali waterfall stands tall at 500 meters. With lovely green view around the surrounding and carpet of rice fields preceding it, Nung-Nung waterfall is a loud beauty. To access it, visitors need to walk a long descent before finally witnessing water spurring out to stun eyes.
Tukad Cepung Waterfall, Bangli
Tukad Cepung is a definition of virgin waterfall, which is located 30 kilometers north-west of Ubud. Natural constructions of cliffs and rock formation hide the waterfall from plain eyes. The whole location looks like a sanctuary inside a cave with sizzling sounds of water echoing around. Tukad Cepung feels like an ideal place to be the king of summer or simply to meditate with great peace and comforting force.
Sun Island Bali Group operates the website www.sunislandbali.com, www.sunislandkuta.com, www.whiterosebali.com, www.sunislandboutiquevillas.com,www.sunislandlegian.com
- These Legal Notice of Online Sale apply to all reservations and purchases made online.
- The site enables users to reserve rooms and supplementary services in all Sun Island Bali hotels and villas property.
- The Guest confirms that he/she has read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions of Online Sale.
The Guest shall respect the below process:
- To find a hotel or a villa, to select a check-in and a check-out date, to select a room and rate;
- To select, when needed and/or available, additional services;
- To check the reservation details, the total price including taxes and the applicable hotel’s policies and sales conditions related to the selected rate;
- To inform the Guest details;
- To read, understand and accept the Terms and Conditions of Online Sale;
- To confirm the reservation;
- To Guarantee the reservation;
- To pay for the reservation (when requested only).
- The Guest reservation is subject to an acknowledgement of receipt by email.
- The email shall summarize the dates, the services reserved, the prices, the address of the hotel concerned, the hotel’s policies related to the selected rate.
- The Guest shall provide his/her bank details as a guarantee of the reservation using a valid credit card The Guest attests to the truth and accuracy of the information submitted for this reservation purposes.
- Each rate booked at Sun Island Bali Group property, is subject to a Cancellation Policy. Failure to check in on the reserved arrival date will incur a penalty charge as detailed in the Cancellation Policy.
- To process with the payment the Guest shall inform:
His/her credit card number;
Its expiration date;
Its card verification number (csv).
- The Guest attests to the truth and accuracy of the information submitted for this payment purposes.
- The confirmation of reservation constitutes an electronic signature equivalent in value to a physical signature between the parties. The Guest acknowledges and agrees that he/she has read, understood and accepted the sales conditions related to the selected rate.
This web site and the related web sites contained herein (collectively, the "Site") make available information on hotels, villas, and other transient stay facilities (each a "Property") owned, managed or franchised by Sun Island Bali.
In order to provide multiple access points to the services and products we offer, any one of these websites may ask for and collect personally identifiable information in order to enhance your experience and provide you with relevant information. Those websites, including:
- www.sunislandboutiquevillas.com, and
When using the Online Reservation and Online Registration you may be asked to provide a credit card number and its expiration date. Other information may be collected are: (i) reservation or information requests, (ii) purchasing products or services, (iii) responding to communications from us (e.g., surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations), (iv) including collecting publicly available information from social networking web sites, We do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information with any other party including any third-party joint promoters, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes.
You should be aware that information and data is automatically collected through the use of 'cookies' to obtain information about you while visiting our websites. A cookie is a very small text file that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Sun Island Bali cookies assign your computer with a unique identifier, which in turn, becomes your identification card whenever you return to Sun Island Bali websites. These cookies are limited to Sun Island Bali websites only, and are not designed to follow you when traveling on the Internet and will not remember your email address.